Sunday, April 22, 2007

Roommates, both furry and imaginary

Neither of those descriptions is aimed at my brother, for those of you paying attention.

So I'm peeing (as all good stories must begin), when Ozzy jumps out from behind the shower curtain. At least that was the goal. See, it's a cloth curtain and his claws spend a lot of time stuck in the fabric when he makes it into the bathroom. So instead of a clean leap at my leg, he brings the curtain with him and plops halfway into the toilet. He frees himself and is amazingly completely dry. How he pulled that off I don't know, but the shower curtain was soaked in dirty toilet water. Thanks Ozzy.

In the realm of hypothetical roommates...well, I think I need one. More apartment searching today, and there's just not much I can really afford on my own. Some really great places are affordable if I were splitting the rent. Wendy's looking at moving Denver-ward, but she's moving in w/ David which would be a complicated situation, and she works in the Springs so they're looking in South Denver. Since I'm moving and all I would really like to A) go North (since I'm spending a lot of time up at 104th & I-25 these days, and hopefully into the future as well) and B) get out of Jeffco. Nothing wrong with it, but in all the time I've lived in Denver I've been in mid-Jeffco (Arvada & Lakewood) and I'd just like to go somewhere with fewer memories built in for awhile. So...if anybody reading this knows anyone looking to move who might be cool living Northish or at least close to I-25, can put up with a cat...send 'em my way, eh?

In music news, I completely missed the release of the NIN CD (Year Zero) last Tuesday somehow. Of course I remedied that situation as soon as I realized it and it's good, predictably. I also picked up "The Black Parade" (by My Chemical Romance) and it's just damn good. I've had it on almost constantly since Saturday, beating out Year Zero for the moment. I remember when I 1st heard "Welcome to the Black Parade" and thought wow...those guys are ripping off the Pumpkins like crazy! I was kind of pissed, but then in interviews they admitted that the Pumpkins had been a big influence and they were big fans. SP even had them listed in their top Myspace friends for awhile, so I got OK with it. There's a big difference between somewhat sounding like another band out of respect and admiration vs. lack of creativity and ripping-off of style (*cough*Our Lady Peace*cough*). The Black Parade is kind of like if Pink Floyd had grown up on SP and Green Day and decided to write The Wall about death rather than a fucked up life. At least that's my opinion at this point. We'll see what kind of staying power it has in my collection over time.

No comments: