Sunday, April 1, 2007

April Fool's is fun!

And Google cracks me up.
The subtle one was the new "Gmail Paper," a service that will snail-mail your emails too you...
Everyone loves Gmail. But not everyone loves email, or the digital era. What ever happened to stamps, filing cabinets, and the mailman? Well, you asked for it, and it’s here. We’re bringing it back.

The better one is the new TiSP...you flush a weighted fiber optic cable down the toilet and get free internet. This you must browse and experience on your own.

Enough of the Google ad. They're funny people and I love them and the things they create. Also funny are the xkcd folks who announced their upcoming syndication today. Riiiight.

I was very disappointed to learn the April Fool's was a Sunday this year. I had many good ideas for workplace amusement and they're not going to happen. Poo. I don't know that I'll ever top the rollout package for FedEx Kinko's Mobile Proctology though. (That was back when Kinko's still had a sense of humor and a guy could get away with forging a letter from the CEO.)

In other news, I went running again today. Stephanie does such things so I'm going to give it a shot. I really must learn to pace myself though. I did a 9 min 20 sec mile which isn't bad for a beginner, but I thought I was going to throw up after I stopped running. I can run...my body can take it and I'm not nearly as out of shape as I thought, I just have to get the pacing and breathing right. Not quite to that point yet.

No comments: