Monday, April 9, 2007

money money money muuunay muuuuuunay

Money sucks.
New thought? Earth-shattering revelation that will change the course of America forever? No. I'm not the one to make such profound pronouncements.

My 1st disappointment is that the tattoo that has now been designed and considered at length will cost between $180-240. This is extra money that I don't exactly know that I can part with...it would have to come out of savings, but since the trip to Mexico may be off then maybe that would be ok? Throw in the fact that the same afternoon I got a price quote a check for $178 unexpected dollars showed up in my mailbox...and maybe I just need to do this thing. Thoughts? (Tell me this is an OK expense people!)

The other frustration is w/ apartment stuff. The best I've found so far is $650 for a 1 bed 1 bath place at 763 sq. ft. I can find cheaper places, yes, but none of them I've found so far would accomodate my prodigious amount of stuff, and I would like to keep as many of my things as possible. Yes, they are just things and not necessary for continued existence, but the coffee table, dining room table, bed, bedside table, washer, and desk also represent the transformation from SA to PSA. This has been a process I would like to remember, both emotionally and through the things around me. Silly, maybe. I don't care.

Which brings me to the last point...I need to make more money. Since starting this job I have taken on additional responsibilities, always been willing to help out and learn new things, and my pay has not increased since that 1st day when I thought I was going to be a receptionist. I was told a few weeks in that there would be a "significant" raise when it came time for PAs, but that isn't here yet. I deserve more money for everything I do at that place. I love my job but I would like to be compensated accordingly. That's not so strange, right?

I have used too many commas in this post.

No comments: