Friday, March 26, 2010

Time to move

A long time ago, I wrote this. Tomorrow I officially move all of my stuff out of that house. Yuck.

In other news...I'm going to Boston in a few weeks for a meeting. I've been there exactly once before, when I took a train from Denver to Boston w/ my family (mom, dad, and Tim) then drove to my sister's graduation from the College of the Atlantic in Maine. The train ride was long and exhausting. It also happened to be on my 19th birthday and my brother brought my present along, giving me Garbage Version 2.0 somewhere between here and there. It was my 1st non-radio exposure to Garbage and Tim was right...it's an excellent CD. (This was a year after I failed to be given The Smashing Pumpkins' Adore for my 18th bday *ahem* but that's another story.) My only memory of Boston itself is getting there after a hellaciously long train ride, getting in a rental car, and driving out of the city with no food. I remember thinking I had never felt so hungry in my life, being exhausted from the train ride, and desperately, frantically wanting something to eat. Funny the things that stick.

This time is a meeting though, and it couldn't come at a better time. Jennifer and Paul are in Rhode Island just an hour away, so I'm going to spend the weekend with them after the meeting is over on Friday. The divorce will be final on April 22 and I'll get to spend the weekend before that with friends I haven't seen in awhile. That'll be good.

In other other news...awhile back I created a hotmail account for the sole purpose of craigslisting. (I bought my PS3 on craigslist, not a prostitute, for those keeping score at home...) My gmail uses my actual name, so I made up a throwaway hotmail account that I programmed into my iPhone as an alternate means of anonymous communication. In the last few weeks the spambots have discovered me. How the hell does that happen? I've sent maybe 4 emails from that address, all to actual people, and I'm getting spam. Grrrr. I'd forgotten how much I love the gmail spam filters.

2 comments:

Dubs said...

geez... It's been nearly 12 years... am I ever gunna live that down???

Anthogna said...

Smart money's on "Nope."

I didn't name names!