Sunday, October 14, 2007

Good times (a mushy feel-good post)

In these last nearly 7 months that Steph and I have been together we seem to have picked up a knack for running into randomly neat things. We've always enjoyed doing pretty much whatever we feel like together, which leads to plenty of good times on its own, but the consistent doing-of-randomness makes life even more interesting.

Our luck started with happening on a Kiteboarding competition in San Francisco, progressed to the Red Bull Air Races in San Diego, and this weekend took us to the Jack-o-Launch over in Aurora. Then there are the little things, like wandering off the touristy path in Ixtapa and finding possibly-toxic Strawberry Shortcake Stain-O-Stampers, eating horrible guacamole in Tijuana, reaching the top of Gray's Peak in a sleet storm, taking salsa lessons at The Church on Cinco de Mayo...these (and lots of others) are all great memories in my head, and it's only been 7 months! Steph and I push each other to do fun things. For the first time in my life I feel like I have a real partner in my life, somebody who wants to do random stuff with me and create fun experiences and truly enjoys it. I couldn't be more grateful that this girl has chosen to let me be the guy she shares these things with.

And in other non-mushy news...Steph got a new job! She's leaving our shared workplace, which kind of sucks, but the new thing is a giant step up for her and a wonderful opportunity. She's been ready to move on for awhile, but had to stay at Radiant long enough to meet me and fall in love (or that's the story I'm telling myself :-) ) Only 2 more weeks of getting to see her at work. :-( The not-as-good-as-her-news-but-maybe-good-for-me news is that I may get her job, which would be a nice step up for me too. I should find that out early this week. *fingers crossed*

No comments: