Monday, October 15, 2007

Brand loyalty

I remembered yesterday why it is I like J. Crew. We hit the outlet stores in Castle Rock and spent a couple frustrating hours trying to find pants. (Turns out washing all of my cotton khakis on Warm leads to eventual shrinkage. I've learned now.) Banana Republic, The Gap, Rue 21, Timberland...nothing. Not a single pair of pants that fit. Steph said the Gap khakis made me look like "a clothes hanger," which is fun. So we finally wandered into J. Crew and just went around the store grabbing one of every style in my size. Hit the dressing room and 5 of the 6 pairs of pants we grabbed fit and passed the rigorous Fiance Approval Procedure. Ended up w/ 4 pairs of pants, a new belt, and a new shirt for just under half of what the whole mess would have cost at regular retail values. This is a wonderful thing.

In other news, I got Steph's job and I'll be headed to my 1st Investigator Meeting tomorrow evening. I get to be in Atlanta for a couple days, then next week I'm off to Phoenix for another one. Whee!

2 comments:

Kath said...

Yay and Congrats!

We definitely need to do drinks soon!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Anthony! It was so nice to meet you last weekend! So happy for all the good things happening with you and Steph! Cheers!