Sunday, September 9, 2007

Skiing and football

Man I'm ready for fall. I have absolutely no complaints about the past summer...fell more in love, got engaged, spent a week in Mexico, a weekend in San Francisco, spent more time than ever before outdoors enjoying Colorado...no complaints in my head at all. But the cool breeze and the crisp fall air were evident today on the first Sunday of the football season and it was just perfect. I'm kind of ready for jeans and sweaters and sweatshirts and football. Not to mention that getting through fall means that ski season is even closer and I'm more excited for that than ever before. After Sniagrab last weekend and my dad's departure from the skiing world I finally own my own equipment and I have 4 A-Basin lift tickets in my dresser just waiting to be used. I've never skied more than 2 or 3 times in a season, but after last season I think I'm getting much better at the whole thing and I'm quite ready to hit the slopes. Steph's better than me too and having an expert eye with me on the slopes will be valuable.

Oh, and I just want to ski with Steph again. The first thing we did together outside of work was a ski day at Winter Park last year. It was great.

Other fun things I'm excited about...I just baked a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies and two loaves of bread and my apartment smells yummy. Also Fall means the return of The Office and we get to find out what happened w/ Jim and Pam(!!!!!!!). The Monolith Festival is next weekend which means The Flaming Lips at Red Rocks for the 2nd time in 14 months (and we're taking the kids! They'll love it). Followed by Muse, The Arcade Fire, and The Smashing Pumpkins. Also the Sooners wiped the field w/ Miami yesterday and the Broncos won a squeaker today (a field goal w/ 0:00 left on the clock put them up 15-14).

In other news I talked to my friend Jennifer tonight for the 1st time in awhile. Spent an hour and a half on the phone, which was nice. She pointed out too how insane it is that I have this much happiness in my life. She and Paul were there a year ago when it was...not at all like this. My life has come a long way, thanks mostly to Stephanie (and I guess whatever insane amount of karma I must have built up to have her in my life.)

/mushy bits. Bed now. Another exciting work week starts in 7 hours!

1 comment:

Kath said...

...or...whatever insane amounts of karma Steph built up in her own life to have you enter the picture.