Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Love in Whitetrashia

Last Friday I had to go get my teeth cleaned. I have 2 cavities, boo, whatever, but that's not where this post is going. Steph was there immediately after me having her teeth cleaned as well, so when I was finished I violated HIPAA all over the place and wandered over to say Hi. Ended up staying until she was done, and got to hear the hygienist telling Steph all about her hoped-for love-life.

She said she'd met her "future husband" the weekend before. He's a bassist for this band called Great White. Um...wow chica, really? You mean the same Great White that killed 96 of their fans? I can't imagine going all gaga over someone even indirectly responsible for one of the most horrific cases of negligent manslaughter in recent memory.* She was so proud of the picture of the two of them together, told us she'd given him her number and she was a "total groupie," whatever that means. *shudder* Get some taste honey!


*I don't feel like looking up the outcome of the myriad lawsuits involved in the aftermath of that tragedy. The band was sued all over the damn place though. Something about maybe they shouldn't have set off pyrotechnics in a tiny, flammable dive bar...

No comments: